We’ve all been there, looking in the paint store at the array of color choices and then thinking, “I can do this, what’s so hard about painting a few walls?”
Well, painting the interior of your home can be a little more complicated than that. And as anyone who has attempted to paint just a small powder room can tell you, it’s not as easy as it looks– the prep work alone can try your patience to the point of quitting before you start. For that reason alone, it’s best to call on a professional painter in Oakland Park like The Captain Painter, a company that employs many talented painters who are licensed with years of experience under their belt. They have the knowledge and expertise to ensure that your paint job is done correctly, ensuring your ultimate satisfaction the first time around.
What can a professional painter in Oakland Park do that I can’t?
There many reasons why we hire professionals to do the jobs in life that we have no business attempting. Whether it’s the interior or exterior, painting a home is one of those jobs best left to a professional. There is a lot of work involved to prepare your walls in your Oakland Park home before your painter can begin painting. At The Captain Painter, it’s all in a day’s work for us. Here’s some of what’s involved:
- Filling holes – prior to painting your walls, you’ll take down your hanging photographs, paintings and mirrors that often leave unsightly holes in the walls. All of these holes have to be plugged with spackle or some other smoothing compound before a painter can begin.
- Degrease walls – Your painter will clean your walls first with a degreaser if they are dirty. Paint simply won’t bond to dirty or greasy surfaces that you might find in a kitchen or in a mudroom full of kid’s shoes and sports equipment.
- Primer – this can be tinted or white depending on your color choice. The painter must prime the walls in order for the paint to adhere to the wall’s surface properly.
- Taping with blue painter’s tape – blue painter’s tape is used to tape off walls at the bottom to avoid paint splatters and to safely tape off areas that should otherwise not be painted.
- Cover furniture with a canvas drop cloth – in order to preserve your furniture and other personal items, you painter will probably move all of your furniture into the middle so that everything is covered evenly and safely away from the painting area.
- Taking off or taping around switch plates – this is done so paint doesn’t splatter on them.
- Cleanup – Rinsing out brushes and rollers, paint trays, etc. and returning all furniture back to their starting position.
If you’re thinking about hiring a professional painter in Oakland Park, look no further than The Captain Painter. All of our painters are licensed and most importantly, they know color. They can advise you on the best choices for your home as well as what will work best with your décor. A call to The Captain Painter is the right choice if you’re looking for great service and dependability as well as a beautiful job done with care and the utmost professionalism from start to finish. Call us now for a free quote at (954) 278-1313 or fill out our request form on our website at www.thecaptainpainter.com.